The PLX2 series is a range of premium quality, high-power amplifiers designed for the most demanding live performance uses. Built on the third generation of QSC PowerLight® technology, PLX2 amplifiers combine light weight, superlative audio quality and proven QSC reliability. With power ratings up to 3,600 watts, PLX2 amplifiers are capable of providing plenty of clean, undistorted output to the most power hungry speaker systems.
The 2-channel PLX2502 amplifier is the right choice for users who need to drive 2-ohm loads, or when extremely high power bridge mono operation is required. With built-in subwoofer processing, filter switches, and front panel indications of bridge mono status, the 21 lb. PLX2502 delivers 450W at 8 ohms (34 db Gain), 750W at 4 ohms, 1250W at 2 ohms. 2RU high and 15-in. deep.
- Very light weight (“02” models, 21 lbs/9.5 kg, “04” models 13 lbs/5.9 kg).
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool. Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged.
- Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal present indicators for system monitoring and troubleshooting. 02 models also feature bridge and parallel mode LED indicators.
- Speakon® NL-4 output connectors provide a positive-locking speaker connection. Ch 1 output uses all 4 wires for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers.
- 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment.
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation.
- Patented PowerLight power supply technology with other patents pending.
- Speakon® NL4 and binding post outputs.
- 100 Hz high pass and low pass filters for bi-amping subwoofer and satellite systems without the need for an external crossover.
- Switchable/defeatable 33 Hz infrasonic filters protect woofers from over-excursion damage.
- Switchable/defeatable clip limiters.
- Four models with power ratings up to 1800 watts per channel @ 2 ohms, 3600 watts bridged @ 4 ohms.